Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yet-AGAIN!!

My first introduction to a blog was in 2005, that's when I first landed in US of A. Inspired by all the food blogs, I too started mine, it was a private blog, not about food though. I wrote couple of times a month and after 6 months, discontinued it.

Now, here I am again with a new one..I am hoping to write regularly, if not everyday.

Have been thinking what to write for my first post. Since Mother's day was just around the corner, it would be a perfect start to dedicate the first post to my mom..This is an excerpt from my previous blog...these are the few paragraphs and not the complete post..

"Monday, June 19, 2006
But there are times when I really get bored of cooking and feel like eating someone else’s handmade food. This is the time I miss mum the most. I feel sorry for her and utter disgust at myself for not having helped her when I had the chance and the opportunity to do so. Never in my life did I step into the kitchen to cook something for mum,dad or anna.

There were girls of my age and also much younger to me who used to cook for their entire family but I never ever tried to do so. No amount of yelling and taunts of my so called relatives helped me venture into the pantry area. When mum was bedridden with her back pain,I resigned my job thinking that I would take care of mum and learn a bit of cooking as well but I couldn't be of any use in the house.I was unable to dish out the simplest of the dishes..Not even tea..Though she was advised to take complete bed-rest , was unable to do so cos there was no one in the house to help..Sometimes when mum's back pain became unbearable, dad used to cook and somehow we managed those days...felt so helpless then.

I have started cooking for the past few months but once in every week,I get bored and feel like taking rest and eating K's handmade food. But never did I ever realise that even mum would feel the same...With absolutely no help from anyone in the family,she has been cooking single handedly for more than 25 years now...I feel ashamed of myself for not being of any help to her….Sorry mummy for everything that I never did when I had a chance to…Don't know if I would ever be able to make up to you for all those years but am definitely yearning to do so if given a chance...Sorry mama for never having understood you... "
Thousands of miles apart, I now understand the importance of parents...Tend to have taken them for granted all these years...Was it the teenage harmones or rebelliousness??

No comments: